For 2015, it’s noble for individuals to adopt a new healthy eating regimen. However, it is also important to understand unhealthy habits which keep many individuals in a rut.
Here are some eating habits you should drop now. In fact, destroying these bad habits may be the ultimate solution to achieving loss in weight that is long-term.
• Drinking alcohol can have a domino effect, where after one drink, their inhibitions are reduced and their appetite boosts. Not only are there extra calories in cocktails, but the combination results in an intake of hundreds of additional calories. Most individuals don’t realize how much they drink until they keep a food diary.
• “Diet” foods are normally packed with plenty of unnecessary additives and useless ingredients. What makes it worse is that these foods are neither filling nor satisfying. That is why many individuals consume more calories than they would have if they simply prepared a meal that was healthy and satisfying.
• There is such a thing as “too much of a good thing.” Vegetables, whole grains, fruits and nuts, legumes and avocado are amazing foods. However, there are people who eat too much healthy foods. Whole foods are rich in nutrients and increase metabolism, but you don’t want to overdo it. That is why you need to listen to the hunger of the body and cues to full bellies.
• It is always a mistake to go long stretches without eating. You will likely burn fewer calories as a way to counter-weigh for not having the necessary fuel. You can also increase your chances of nightly overeating, when you have a low activity level. Timing is crucial. It is not only your overall daily calories, but when you eat your meals as well.
• The practice of counting calories can actually be detrimental. Being that this can be stressful, an increase in stress can cause a boost in cortisol, which is a hormone that increases appetite and cravings for sugary and fatty foods; this enhances belly fat storage. Thankfully, there are more effective methods to shed unwanted pounds.
• Eating the right fats is actually a prudent strategy for weight loss. Healthy fats don’t only quell premature aging, obesity and other diseases, but they are amazingly satisfying. Healthy fats delay stomach emptying to keep us fuller longer. Avocado, nuts and olive oil boost hormones that suppress appetite, as well as increases metabolism. Healthy fats are rich sources of antioxidants, linked to leanness.
• Emotional eating is normally the prime obstacle for men and women when they attempt to lose weight. Reaching for food due to anger, anxiety, boredom and even happiness is problematic.
For your New Year’s resolution, don’t even think about a fad diet. Your success with healthy eating will unlikely happen overnight, but it is not impossible to succeed in your weight loss goals.