South Shores Detox
Table of Contents
- South Shores Detox
- Restorations Healthcare
- Ingrained Recovery
- Resurgence TX
- Resurgence TN
- Melrose Recovery
- Divine Detox
- Circle of Hope
- Aetna Drug Rehab and Alcohol Rehab Coverage
- What is Aetna Insurance?
- Does Aetna Cover Mental Health & Substance Abuse Treatment?
- Using Your Aetna Health Insurance Plan To Cover Drug And Alcohol Treatment
- How Much Does Aetna Cover?
- Are Inpatient Rehab Programs Covered by Aetna?
- What are the Types of Aetna Insurance Plans?
- How Can I Find Aetna Drug Rehab Coverage By State?
- How Do I Know What My Aetna Insurance Policy Will Cover?
- How Can I Pay the Costs Not Covered By My Insurance Plan?
- How Can I Get Aetna Coverage for Addiction Treatment and Rehab?
- How Long Will Aetna Insurance Cover Rehab?
- Find Aetna Drug Rehab and Alcohol Rehab Centers Today!
- FAQs on Aetna Drug Rehab and Alcohol Rehab Coverage
- Medically Reviewed By
In-Network With Aetna
South Shores Detox is one of the most revered facilities in California – and they accept Aetna Insurance. This facility includes an incredible ocean-side villa that believes in giving clients only the best of the best.
From the holistic approach to recovery, along with the plush, semi-private rooms, all the way down to the excellent menu, South Shores Detox is a leader in addiction treatment in California.
27568 Vista De Dons, Dana Point, CA
Accepts Most Aetna PPO Policies
Everyone discovers recovery in different ways, which is why it is vital to offer a variety of programs that work. We offer several trusted treatment programs that can help guide individuals toward recovery.
1247 N Lakeview Ave, Anaheim, CA
Aetna Insurance Accepted
Nestled on the outskirts of Eastman GA, our location provides the best of both worlds. A quiet and serene environment, with a modern feel.
Eastman, GA 31023
In-Network With Aetna
There is more than one path to addiction recovery. That’s why Resurgence Texas offers multiple treatment programs to suit each individual’s needs, preferences, and budget. Your recovery journey begins the moment you enter our door, and we’ll support you each step of the way.
10703 Ranch Road 12, Wimberley TX 78676
In-Network With Aetna
We take the time to understand your mental, physical and emotional needs and then build a treatment program just for you. We use evidence based treatment methods proven to work.
201 William D Jones Blvd, Fayetteville, TN 37334
Accepts Most Aetna Policies
At Melrose Recovery, our mission is all about changing lives. Located just minutes from Hollywood and the fantastic beaches of Santa Monica and Venice we offer detox and inpatient treatment programs that help people get back on their feet.
1247 N Lakeview Ave, Anaheim, CA
Accepts Most Aetna Policies
Divine Detox is a multi-faceted rehab that provides inpatient and outpatient services, along with other levels of care. The compassionate staff here specializes in everything from CBT to holistic addiction practices, doing an excellent job of providing a comprehensive approach to recovery.
Divine Detox works with Aetna Insurance, and as one of our most cherished partners, we can help you nail down the specifics of your plan. Divine Detox is in Simi Valley but services clients from all over the area, including Los Angeles, San Bernadino, Torrance, and Anaheim.
1856 Deodora St Simi Valley, CA 93065
Circle of Hope
Accepts Most Aetna Policies
Circle of Hope is in Reseda but services clients all throughout the greater Los Angeles area. With a strict three-client-to-one-counselor ratio, they guarantee each client gets the special attention they deserve.
18770 Strathern St Reseda, CA 91335
Aetna Drug Rehab and Alcohol Rehab Coverage
Health insurance plans now cover treatment for substance use disorders, addiction, and mental health disorders. With the passage of the Affordable Care Act, more Americans now have access to these forms of treatment. Rehabs that accept Aetna insurance are situated across the country and present a great option for policyholders looking for access to care.
If you’re looking for treatment for alcohol or drug abuse and have Aetna Insurance, you will receive at least partial coverage for rehab. Plans can vary in terms of what type of insurance coverage they provide or how long they will cover alcohol or drug rehab.
Behavioral healthcare services such as inpatient and outpatient rehab are typically covered by most Aetna insurance policies, but the amount of coverage available will vary based on the policy itself and the location, as well as the type of care, the level of care, and the duration of care.
In this article, we will look at Aetna insurance which covers a diverse range of mental and behavioral health services.
What is Aetna Insurance?
Founded in 1853 and active in all 50 states, Aetna is a healthcare company that provides a variety of health insurance plans and services to about 46 million members. The Aetna network of providers includes more than 700,000 doctors and specialists and about 1.2 million healthcare professionals
Aetna offers a variety of coverage options, including dental insurance, vision, insurance, and, of course, coverage for addiction treatment services.
In addition to a diverse range of mental and behavioral health services, Aetna insurance coverage includes options for policyholders that include detox, inpatient and residential rehabilitation, partial hospital treatment, and intensive outpatient treatment.
Does Aetna Cover Mental Health & Substance Abuse Treatment?
Unlike other insurance providers, Aetna recognizes that there are no one-size-fits-all substance abuse treatment plans for drug and alcohol abuse. As such, Aetna works with an individual’s needs to find the perfect addiction treatment solution.
Aetna offers drug and alcohol treatment coverage for a variety of types of treatment. The drug and alcohol rehab facilities they work with are screened to ensure the quality of care as well as sufficient follow-up care. Facilities are also ensured to be up-to-date on the latest technology and practices for addiction treatment.
What types of treatment Aetna will cover, as well as how much coverage is offered, is dependent on a person’s plan with the insurance company. However, thanks to the Mental Health Parity and Addiction Equity Act of 2008, insurance companies are required to provide some level of coverage for addiction treatment.
Your coverage will also depend on which state you live in. Additionally, individual and family plans can vary greatly in the level of regular health insurance coverage they offer for rehab treatment and addiction services.
Ensuring that your Aetna policy coverage includes addiction treatment is an important first step to getting on the path to recovery. There are several aspects of your plan to consider before choosing a rehab program.
At Find Addiction Rehabs, we specialize in pairing individuals with addiction treatment providers specific to their needs. This means that not only will we help you or your loved one find a treatment center that accepts Aetna, but we will also provide a treatment program that will give you or them the best chance of long-term recovery
Using Your Aetna Health Insurance Plan To Cover Drug And Alcohol Treatment
There are several factors to consider before using your Aetna plan for drug and alcohol addiction treatment. One of these factors is finding out if the treatment facility you plan on attending is covered by your plan.
Determining which treatment programs and services you will need is also an important step in using your Aetna plan. This will allow you to make educated decisions on the treatment you pursue and ensure maximum insurance coverage.
If you have medical insurance through Aetna, the easiest way to verify your insurance benefits is by contacting Find Addiction Rehabs. Our admissions specialists will contact Aetna for you, and within five minutes, explain to you what you can expect when using your plan to cover addiction treatment.
How Much Does Aetna Cover?
Aetna’s rehab coverage applies to a variety of different drug and alcohol addiction services. What exactly your plan covers and what you will be required to pay out-of-pocket will be based on the type of plan you have and what health care services you are seeking out.
Some plans may require individuals to undergo a medical assessment before providing coverage for treatment. This is more common with intensive treatment services such as inpatient programs.
Services that are typically covered partially or fully by Aetna include the following substance abuse treatments:
- Detox programs
- Residential rehabilitation
- Family Counseling
- Partial hospital treatment
- Continuing care programs
- Individual therapy
- Group therapy
- Drug testing
Aetna additionally may provide coverage for more intensive addiction treatment such as inpatient and outpatient programs. Medication-assisted treatment is another common type of treatment covered by many Aetna plans.
Are Inpatient Rehab Programs Covered by Aetna?
Inpatient programs are the most intensive form of drug and alcohol addiction treatment. This type of treatment requires patients to live at a treatment facility for an extended period of time and is best suited to those with a more severe substance use disorder..
Inpatient programs consist of 24-hour supervision as well as the management of medication and mental health conditions. Patients work simultaneously on an individualized plan of recovery that is catered to their specific conditions and needs.
Inpatient treatment services may consist of:
- Detox programs
- Medication-assisted therapy
- Individual and group counseling
- 12-step meetings
- Psychiatric care
- Residential programs
- Various forms of therapy
- Relapse prevention
- Family counseling
Aetna does not cover all addiction treatment programs, similarly, not every inpatient program accepts Aetna Insurance. As such, it’s important to call ahead before attending treatment to prevent unwanted costs.
Outpatient Rehab Programs
Outpatient programs are a step down from inpatient treatment and provide more freedom for patients. Outpatient facilities frequently provide care for those who are seeking treatment for the first time, or who are struggling with less severe addictions.
Outpatient services allow individuals to incorporate treatment into their everyday lives without forfeiting work, school, or family responsibilities. Many of the same services offered by inpatient rehab centers are offered in outpatient treatment on a less intensive basis.
Types of outpatient treatment include:
- Standard Outpatient Programs — This is the least intensive form of outpatient treatment. Patients meet one to two times a week for a few hours to receive therapy.
- Intensive Outpatient Programs (IOP) — This type of program meets several times a week, typically in the evening. Each session will last a few hours and may consist of group and individual counseling.
- Partial Hospitalization Programs (PHP) — PHPs require patients to attend treatment for four to eight hours each day of the week. This type of treatment is the most intensive form of outpatient addiction treatment.
Typically, your Aetna insurance plan should offer coverage for a variety of outpatient programs and services. The exact amount of coverage will vary from plan to plan, and from one state to another.
What are the Types of Aetna Insurance Plans?
Health insurance providers use a lot of acronyms (HMO, PPO, EPO, POS) and specialized terms which can be extremely confusing. In this section of the article, you will appreciate the different types of plans offered by Aetna and understand all available options. Hopefully, at the end of this, you will feel more confident about making the right decision.
These insurance plans include:
- Open-access plans. They allow you to choose your doctors; they neither require a referral nor a primary care physician.
- Copay-only plans. These will guarantee that your costs after paying your deductible are only copays, with primary care physician visits and generic drugs covered before you hit your deductible (don’t panic, these insurance terms are explained later on in the article).
- High-deductible plans. They offer preventative care services before the deductible is met, sometimes coverage through a primary care physician before the deductible is met (with a copay), and the option of a health savings account.
Additionally, Aetna offers several local plans supported by the national network of providers to better support patients at the community level.
- Health Maintenance Organization (HMO) plan
- Point of Service (POS) plan
- Exclusive Provider Organization (EPO) Plan
- Preferred Provider Organization (PPO)
- High Deductible Health Plan (HDHP)
A PPO policy is the best option for rehabilitation and addiction treatment because it provides a wider variety of better health networks and treatment centers to choose from. With this, they can choose from providers that are in-network and out-of-network with their insurance carrier, as well as in-state and out-of-state providers, giving them a better chance of finding the right treatment center for their needs and, as a result, a better chance of a successful recovery.
People who are managing a health condition but can’t afford higher monthly premiums may find that an HDHP saves them money in the long run.
Aetna Health Insurance Metal Levels
In some states such as Delaware, Aetna’s insurance plans are categorized into four insurance tiers known as metal levels. The metal tiers are Bronze, Silver, Gold, and Platinum.
The Affordable Care Act requires each metal tier to cover a certain percentage of your health care costs.
- Bronze plans cover about 60 percent
- Silver plans cover about 70 percent unless you’re eligible for cost-sharing reduction. Depending on your income, this subsidy means you could qualify for a silver plan that covers about 73, 87 or 94 percent of your health care costs.
- Gold plans cover about 80 percent
Simply put, if you choose a bronze plan, overall you’ll pay about 40 percent of your healthcare costs, and your insurance company will pay about 60 percent. If you choose a gold plan, overall you’ll pay about 20 percent, and your insurance company will pay about 80 percent.
Metal tiers also vary in terms of monthly payments and out-of-pocket costs.
- Bronze plans: lower monthly payments, but higher out-of-pocket costs.
- Silver plans: monthly payments lower than a gold plan, but more than bronze. Your out-of-pocket costs will be less than a bronze plan, but more than a gold plan, unless you’re eligible for cost sharing reduction.
- Gold plans: higher monthly payments, but lower out-of-pocket costs.
How Can I Find Aetna Drug Rehab Coverage By State?
Simply put, Aetna offers insurance coverage across all fifty states of the United States. While policy types and plans offered can vary substantially from state to state and by region, if you would like more information on finding addiction treatment services specific to your state, visit our complete guides to each state and other resources below, with newly updated resources on Aetna insurance coverage now available for Arizona and California, with more state-specific Aetna guides coming soon.
- Aetna of Arizona
- Aetna of California
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- PPO plans offered by Aetna
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- West Virginia
How Do I Know What My Aetna Insurance Policy Will Cover?
The longer you avoid the substance abuse problem, the more of a problem it becomes. If you sprained your wrist tomorrow, you’d call your doctor for an appointment, so you should do the same thing when it comes to addiction.
We know that finding a rehab center is a confusing task, but we’re ready to help you navigate through the world of treatment centers. At Find The Best Rehabs, we help relieve part of the pressure that surrounds alcohol and substance abuse rehabilitation.
Call us if you’re worried about a loved one or you’re ready to take action about your own problem. We will share with you some insights on what substance abuse treatments your Aetna insurance covers, and the necessary steps to kickstart the process.
How Can I Pay the Costs Not Covered By My Insurance Plan?
You may find that, although Aetna is accepted at a particular treatment facility and does provide coverage, you are left with a bill for part of the cost. There is a wide range of alternative methods to help cover any additional expenses. You can opt to pay through:
- Payment plans: You pay off rehab in affordable installments.
- Sliding scale: The rehab decreases your cost to something you can reasonably afford—typically based on your income level.
- Grants or scholarships: The Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), as well as individual rehabs, offer grants and scholarships to pay for people who can’t afford treatment.
- Open a healthcare credit card or take out a specialized healthcare loan.
- Use your savings or a credit card.
- Crowdfunding websites, such as GoFundMe or IndieGoGo.
How Can I Get Aetna Coverage for Addiction Treatment and Rehab?
There are a number of different costs associated with drug rehab. Making sure you get the right insurance can ensure you get into the best drug rehab. You can obtain Aetna coverage for rehabilitation through the following means:
- Through your work: The Affordable Care Act requires employers to provide health coverage to their workers if they have at least 50 full-time employees. The employer-sponsored health insurance is selected and purchased by your employer and offered to eligible employees and their dependents.
- Through the marketplace: Individuals whose employers don’t offer health insurance as part of an employee benefits program, have the option of purchasing insurance policies directly from private insurance companies or through the Health Insurance Marketplace.
- Buying insurance yourself privately: If you are self-employed, the owner of a small business, or an employee of a business that either does not offer health insurance as an employee benefit, then you are unlikely to access employer-sponsored health insurance. Speaking to an insurance carrier directly and buying your own private health insurance is your best option.
- BCBC coverage: If you’re a young adult under the age of 26, you can get coverage through your parents’ health care plan, as long as their plan covers dependents. You can stay on their plan until you’re 26, even if you’re married, not living with your parents, attending school or not, not financially dependent on your parents or even eligible for your employer’s health insurance plan.
How Long Will Aetna Insurance Cover Rehab?
Aetna will cover various lengths of treatment in order to better serve you on your journey to wellness. Aetna will pay for the cost of, in whole or in part, the following lengths of treatment:
- 28-30 Day Residential Programs
- 60 Day Residential Programs
- 90 Day Residential Programs
- 6-month rehab
- 9-month rehab
- Long-Term Rehab
Find Aetna Drug Rehab and Alcohol Rehab Centers Today!
Using your Aetna insurance to cover some or all of addiction treatment can significantly reduce any financial stress associated with seeking help. Many Aetna insurance plans can reduce or eliminate the cost of alcohol and drug rehabs and services.
Speaking with our recovery representatives as well as a treatment specialist can help you better understand the treatment you need and the level of coverage you will receive. Contact Find Addiction Rehabs now to explore your options and get started on the road to recovery today!
FAQs on Aetna Drug Rehab and Alcohol Rehab Coverage
Will Aetna Substance Abuse Treatment Coverage Apply to Out of State Rehabs?
It is not uncommon for people to seek treatment outside their home state. While this may initially seem less convenient, traveling for rehab can be extremely beneficial. One of the most significant benefits is that traveling for rehab allows you to take yourself out of your daily routine. By going somewhere new, you give yourself a fresh start in a safe environment that’s free of the distractions that may have initially caused your addictive behavior. It also brings more opportunities to find the right type of treatment program for your exact needs.
Aetna will pay for both local and out-of-state treatment. Depending on your plan, there are a variety of treatment facilities that are covered by Aetna nationwide. A facility need not be local to you to be in-network for your plan. Consult us at Find Addiction Rehabs to determine which facilities your insurance will cover for your alcohol addiction treatment.
Do Aetna Treatment Centers Need to be In-Network?
Even though not all Aetna plans require service providers to be in-network, programs that are out-of-network may cost more. In some cases, pre-certification or authorization of a treatment program will be required. Such cases may include:
- Inpatient admissions
- Outpatient detoxification
- Residential Treatment Center admissions
- Intensive Outpatient Programs
- Partial Hospitalization Programs
Pre-certification involves a review process to determine whether the requested service or program meets Aetna’s clinical criteria for coverage. Contact us at Find Addiction Rehabs to see if your substance abuse treatment will require pre-certification before you begin the program.
* Disclaimer: Find Addiction Rehabs is not affiliated with or endorsed by Aetna. Details about Aetna’s coverage are intended for informational purposes only. The specific details of your plan may vary and the specific treatment services you require may or may not be covered. Please call our representatives today for more definitive details on your plan and options.
Deborah Tayloe is a freelance writer specializing in health and sciences. Deborah earned a B.S.Ed. in Secondary Education/English, accompanied by a Spanish minor. Her writing expertise allows her to craft engaging, impactful articles to help people be well.
In addition, she holds a fully accredited Certificate of Natural Medicine and is a certified Herbalist. Through her understanding of complementary medicine, Deborah helps medical professionals give people the information they need to embrace natural approaches to wellness.
When she’s not working, Deborah trains for 5K races and advocates for animal rights.