The State of Substance Abuse in Oklahoma
Table of Contents
- The State of Substance Abuse in Oklahoma
- Seeking Addiction Treatment as an Oklahoma Resident
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Oklahoma Coverage for Rehab
- Addiction Rehab Services Covered Through Blue Cross Blue Shield
- The Addiction Treatment Process in Oklahoma
- Rehab Centers That Accept Blue Cross Blue Shield of Oklahoma
- Getting Addiction Treatment Services Using BCBS of Oklahoma
- FAQs on Using BCBS of Oklahoma for Rehab
- Find Rehab Centers That Accept Blue Cross Blue Shield of Oklahoma Now!
- Medically Reviewed By
Addiction is a serious problem in Oklahoma. According to the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration, in 2019 Oklahoma ranked 2nd in the nation for opioid-related deaths, and 4th in the nation for alcohol-related deaths. The good news is that there are many treatment options available for those struggling with substance abuse and addiction in Oklahoma.
Keep reading to learn more about finding rehabs that accept Blue Cross Blue Shield of Oklahoma and locate top facilities that accept your insurance today!
Seeking Addiction Treatment as an Oklahoma Resident
Traveling for addiction treatment can feel like a daunting decision and one that is difficult to make. But if you are looking for a fresh start and a chance at successful long-term recovery, traveling for treatment can provide you with your best bet at beginning a new life.
There are many benefits to traveling for substance use treatment. Firstly, getting away from familiar and comfortable surroundings can provide a sense of freedom and hope to those in recovery. The distance can help you break your patterns of addiction and allow you to focus solely on your recovery journey.
Seeking out-of-state drug rehabs that accept Blue Cross Blue Shield can also give you access to specialized treatment and therapies. Facilities located in different parts of the country can provide access to state-of-the-art treatment and therapies that may otherwise be unavailable in your home state.
Choosing something other than an Oklahoma treatment center may also allow you to discover communities of people on their own recovery journeys. Having this level of connection and support while overcoming your substance abuse can be a vital part of your recovery process.
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Oklahoma Coverage for Rehab
Blue Cross Blue Shield is one of the most well-known and trusted health insurance companies in the United States.
It has a long history of providing quality coverage and services for those who need it most, including those seeking rehab services for addiction or mental health issues.
Addiction Rehab Services Covered Through Blue Cross Blue Shield
Rehab services can be expensive, but Blue Cross Blue Shield has a variety of plans and options that can help make these services more affordable. Depending on the plan, Blue Cross Blue Shield may offer coverage for the following services for treating drug and alcohol addiction:
- Inpatient Rehab Services: This type of coverage will help pay for the costs of staying in a residential rehab facility including the cost of meals, medications, counseling, and other services.
- Outpatient Rehab Services: This level of coverage can help cover the costs of visiting a therapist, counselor, or any other treatment provider on an outpatient basis.
- Intensive Outpatient Programs: This level of coverage can help cover the costs of treatment for more intensive outpatient options.
- Partial Hospitalization Programs: This can help pay for the costs of services provided through partial hospitalization services.
- Medication-Assisted Treatment: This can help pay for the costs of any medications prescribed by your doctor or therapist. In many cases, Blue Cross Blue Shield does cover Suboxone, as well as other similar medications.
- Mental Health Services: This type of coverage can help cover the costs of any counseling or therapy services received.
- Rehabilitation Services: This coverage can help pay for the costs of any rehabilitation services received following initial treatment.
The Addiction Treatment Process in Oklahoma
While everyone’s treatment process will vary on a case-by-case basis, generally, the first step in the addiction treatment process for Oklahoma residents seeking recovery in other states will be to undergo a comprehensive assessment.
During this assessment, treatment center professionals will evaluate your physical and mental health, substance use history, and current mental health status. This assessment will help your treatment team to develop a recovery plan that is specifically tailored to your needs.
Once the assessment has been completed, most people will move on to medical detox. This process will help you clear out any toxins from your body, allowing your body to recover from the effects of substance abuse. Detoxification usually takes place in an inpatient setting, which will then be followed by an intensive outpatient or residential treatment program.
During this time, you will receive counseling, education, and other therapeutic services to help you address the underlying issues related to your addiction. For those with less severe addictions, an outpatient program in Oklahoma may be able to provide flexible treatment options, although this will also be offered as a step-down service at most out of state drug rehab centers. If you require more intensive care, residential options may be best for you.
Whichever treatment option you choose to go with, these programs will generally be able to provide you with a variety of behavioral therapies, educational tools and resources, and other recovery services.
Rehab Centers That Accept Blue Cross Blue Shield of Oklahoma
There are several facilities that accept Blue Cross Blue Shield insurance among Oklahoma alcohol and drug rehab centers, each of which offers treatment options for those struggling with addiction. However, by broadening your horizons and considering out-of-state facilities, you will have many more options and access to specialized services.
Top treatment centers provide a safe and supportive environment to help individuals overcome substance use disorders and return to a healthier, more productive life.
When seeking treatment outside Oklahoma, you will have many options to choose from, including:
1. Inpatient drug treatment centers are typically more intensive and offer 24-hour care to their clients.
- Inpatient treatment programs offer more intensive treatment to their clients and are usually better suited to those struggling with more severe addictions, or who have underlying medical/mental health disorders that may complicate their recovery.
2. Outpatient programs offer their clients more flexible care, allowing them to receive treatment while living at home.
- This may include a partial hospitalization or intensive outpatient program, as well as recovery support groups such as Alcoholics Anonymous (AA) and Narcotics Anonymous (NA).
3. Medical detox programs provide supervised detoxification services to help their clients safely and successfully withdraw from an abused substance.
- This level of care may feature constant supervision from medical professionals, prescription medications to help manage withdrawal and cravings, and nutritional counseling.
4. Dual diagnosis treatment, which provides both addiction and mental health treatments to help those struggling with co-occurring substance abuse and mental health conditions.
- Services provided through dual diagnosis programs include individual and group therapy, family counseling, and other forms of behavioral health care.
Whether you are seeking out an inpatient or outpatient rehab center outside Oklahoma, or even rehab for couples in Oklahoma, your BCBS insurance coverage can help significantly minimize the costs of rehab and make your recovery process smoother and less stressful.
Getting Addiction Treatment Services Using BCBS of Oklahoma
No matter the location of the treatment center you choose, your Blue Cross Blue Shield of Oklahoma can help to cover some or all of the costs associated with treatment. However, it’s important to note that coverage will vary depending on the plan and the facility you choose. It’s important to speak to our recovery representative team to determine what is and is not covered before making any decisions.
When searching for a drug rehab center that accepts Blue Cross Blue Shield of Oklahoma, it is important to take all of your options into consideration. Make sure to research the facility, its treatment methods, and what insurance plans they accept.
Choosing the right treatment facility outside Oklahoma that accepts your Blue Cross Blue Shield insurance plan can be the first step towards living a healthier, happier life. With the right help and support, those struggling with addiction can get the help they need to overcome their dependence and build a better future.
Make the confidential call to Find Addiction Rehabs, and within minutes we will provide you with options for treatment among the top centers nationwide. Give yourself or your loved one a fighting chance, and reach out now!
FAQs on Using BCBS of Oklahoma for Rehab
Can I Use Blue Cross Blue Shield of Oklahoma to Attend Rehab Out of State?
Blue Cross Blue Shield is a reliable provider of addiction treatment coverage throughout the country and often covers treatment options outside of Oklahoma.
Under the Affordable Care Act (ACA), all insurance providers are required to offer their clients the same level of coverage for substance abuse treatment services as they would for other medical and surgical care costs. Many drug and alcohol addiction treatment services will accept multiple healthcare plans.
It is important to keep in mind that insurance coverage varies based on the provider and the type of treatment being sought out. If you are unsure which behavioral health services and facilities are covered through your insurance plan, you can speak with a Find Addiction Rehabs representative or use our free insurance verification tool to find out today.
What State Has the Best Rehab Programs?
With so many options to choose from, figuring out which state has the best programs for treating a substance use disorder can be a challenge. Overall, there is no one-size-fits-all answer to which state has the best addiction treatment programs.
Every person’s needs are unique, and the best option for one person’s needs may not be a good fit for another. Considering factors such as availability, quality, and cost of treatment will be your best fit for finding a behavioral health program that is a good fit for you.
Luckily, alcohol and drug rehab centers outside Oklahoma offer a variety of rehab facilities and programs that are capable of meeting all of your treatment needs.
How Long is the Addiction Rehab Process?
The addiction rehab process is often a long and complex one, which requires consistent dedication, commitment, and hard work. For those struggling with drug and alcohol use, their rehabilitation process will be specifically catered to their needs and struggles.
Because of this, the length of the drug and alcohol rehab process can vary, lasting anywhere between 30 days to a year or longer, depending on the severity of the individual’s addiction, their particular needs, and the type of treatment program they are participating in.
Find Rehab Centers That Accept Blue Cross Blue Shield of Oklahoma Now!
If you are looking for a rehab center outside Oklahoma that accepts your Blue Cross Blue Shield of OK policy, the Find Addiction Rehabs team is here to help. Our hotline is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week to find treatment facilities nationwide that accept your insurance and can provide all of your care needs.
No matter what substance you are struggling with or where your preferred recovery destination is, we can help! Call now, and let us take the first step on your path to becoming a healthier, sober you, today!
Bryan was born in Philadelphia and remains an ardent supporter of Philadelphia sports. After attending FSU and FAU where he majored in writing, Bryan ventured out to follow in the footsteps of his idols, running straight into drug addiction. After being arrested by the President’s Secret Service, Bryan finally started to rebuild his life and beat that monkey off of his back through writing, playing music, and studying Buddhist philosophy.
Despite still having the occasional struggles with mental health, Bryan strives to be a little bit better a person each day. With the support and love from a loyal family, and kind-hearted and generous friends, Bryan tries to help people vanquish their own personal demons as he did and bring more love and beauty into a pessimistic world.