Using UHC Insurance for California Detox and Rehab Treatment
Table of Contents
- Using UHC Insurance for California Detox and Rehab Treatment
- The Need for Quality Health Insurance Coverage In California
- Top Addiction Treatment Providers in California Accepting United Healthcare
- Benefits of United Healthcare Insurance for Addiction Treatment
- Proven Options for the Right UHC Rehabs in California
- Medically Reviewed By
United Healthcare is one of the largest providers of insurance coverage in the United States. Those who use United Healthcare Insurance are probably aware of the items covered by their insurance provider – at least for primary care, ER, and dentist visits.
That said, all of these are far more common than obtaining coverage for substance abuse and mental health treatment. Those looking to participate in drug and alcohol rehab have more variables to research, including the level of care and specific types of therapy.
If you are one of millions of people struggling with substance abuse, you are not alone. Find Addiction Rehabs can and will help you locate the right drug rehab covered by UnitedHealthcare California.
Keep reading to find out what UHC in California covers for treatment, and to find proven centers that accept UnitedHealthcare in your area now!
The Need for Quality Health Insurance Coverage In California
California has long been grappling with a substance abuse epidemic, involving drugs such as opioids, methamphetamine, alcohol, and cocaine. The dire situation calls for effective treatment options, and United has emerged as an essential solution for those seeking recovery.
However, financial barriers often impede individuals from accessing these services. United Healthcare steps in to bridge this gap and provide individuals with the support they need to embark on a journey to recovery. So, what levels of care can you expect United Healthcare to provide compensation for?
First, you need to be aware of the specific types of insurance coverage available to you in general. The list below outlines the policies that United Healthcare provides its clients with.
United Health Insurance Providers and Inpatient Treatment
United Health Care provides coverage for inpatient drug and alcohol rehab. However, the exact amount is dependent on your specific policy and insurance plan.
We encourage you to reach out to our expert team at Find Addiction Rehabs for the answers to any questions you have regarding coverage, expenses, copayments, and any other concerns.
All calls are strictly confidential, and exact details will usually be at your disposal within minutes!
UnitedHealthcare Insurance Outpatient Treatment
Insurance benefits include outpatient services with the potential for little-to-no out-of-pocket costs. Finding a treatment provider isn’t as difficult as you’d expect, with a host of quality options within the designated preferred provider network.
If you’re dealing with a substance that includes painful withdrawals, medical detox is also covered by United Healthcare Insurance Company. You’ll receive 24/7 around-the-clock care while you heal from the physical trauma of addiction. Most clients transition directly from detox to either inpatient or outpatient rehab, as this gives them the highest odds of achieving long-term recovery.
The specific amount of these levels of care depends on the policy you’ve selected from United Healthcare. The list below gives you a good idea of where your plan might originate from or the best direction to go to obtain the most appropriate policy.
United Healthcare Insurance Plans
United Healthcare offers a variety of health insurance plans, including individual and family plans, employer-sponsored plans, Medicare Advantage plans, and Medicaid plans. These plans cater to different needs and budgets, ensuring that customers have options that suit their specific healthcare requirements.
Although there aren’t specific names as other health insurance companies have, United Healthcare Insurance bases their plans more around a demographic of people or your work situation. The following list demonstrates how their health insurance plans are broken down:
- Coverage through work. These are self-explanatory – a range of benefits offered by employers.
- Dental, vision, and supplemental. These typically cover items that standard United Healthcare plans won’t.
- Work-related insurance, only these are focused more on the owner who purchases for their employees.
- United Healthcare individual and ACA plans. Plans are offered through the Affordable Cares Marketplace.
- Plans available to low-income individuals.
- 65 and older plans.
- Short-term insurance. Insurance on a short-term basis to fill gaps between policies.
- Student insurance. Insurance is solely for students.
Top Addiction Treatment Providers in California Accepting United Healthcare
If you’re looking for addiction treatment services to accept your United Healthcare policy and you’re already insured, the following shortlist contains the top substance abuse programs in California within their network.
- South Shores Detox and Recovery. With locations in Dana Point, California, and San Juan Capistrano, California, there’s no shortage of natural beauty to go with these substance abuse treatment facilities. Both are extremely well-reviewed and preferable for their holistic approach to treatment.
- Melrose Recovery. This is one of Orange County’s finest treatment facilities, offering beautiful views and access to the beach for an atmosphere that’s perfect for recovery. Melrose is highly sought-after because of their dual diagnosis approach to recovery, making it an excellent choice for those with co-occurring disorders.
- Restorations Health Care. This incredible Anaheim location provides one of the top environments for recovery, and a compassionate staff to go along with it. The client-centered approach here has a track record that speaks for itself, providing Orange County and surrounding areas with years of success in the addiction treatment space.
- Hollywood Hills Recovery. This beautiful recovery center offers a holistic approach to treatment in addition to high-end amenities for those who prefer privacy and comfort. Located in Los Angeles, Hollywood Hills Recovery is in a prime location for serving clients in the greater LA area, Orange County, and surrounding areas.
Benefits of United Healthcare Insurance for Addiction Treatment
When it comes to health insurance and addiction treatment, United Healthcare is one of the most widely accepted providers. This is mostly thanks to their robust offering of different plans that cater to a large demographic.
Besides its expansive network, United Healthcare Insurance has many other advantages for California members. Consider the following when seeking out a carrier to cover the cost of your addiction treatment:
Additional Wellness Programs
United Healthcare focuses on prevention and taking wellness initiatives to help its clients maintain a clean bill of health. They help facilitate this by offering programs, resources, and special incentives to encourage customers to live healthier lifestyles.
Large Network of Providers
There’s no shortage of in-network healthcare professionals to choose from when you deal with United Healthcare. Choose from a range of primary care physicians, hospitals, specialists, pharmacies, and clinics.
A larger pool of services means a higher level of convenience when selecting your doctors, with more quality names to choose from. This can also help lower your out-of-pocket expenses when choosing an in-network UHC rehab center in California.
Focus On Mental Health and Substance Abuse Programs
Many insurance agencies make it tougher to obtain decent coverage for drug and alcohol programs. However, United Healthcare Insurance is modeled specifically around providing coverage for drug and alcohol addiction.
Through the vast network of professionals afforded by United Healthcare, you should have no problem finding the right facility to accommodate you and accept United Healthcare insurance coverage.
During situations where clients are referred to outpatient services, telehealth is available and often paid for by United Healthcare coverage. This helps clients who are unable to commute to the physical location of their drug and alcohol rehabs and want to ensure they’re still able to participate.
Additional Coverage for Medication
Medication can often be one of the most expensive parts of your medical costs. United Healthcare provides additional coverage, which could help with any Medication-Assisted treatment or other provisions that could be necessary during recovery.
Many people assume that requiring clients to choose from a designated network of care providers is a negative element. However, in the case of United Healthcare, the long list of rehab centers that accept United policies is expensive. This allows the insurance company to form bonds with the provider and offer services you might not have access to elsewhere.
Proven Options for the Right UHC Rehabs in California
When you’re uncertain about which direction to go for treatment and have questions regarding insurance acceptance, Find Addiction Rehabs is the go-to in the substance abuse recovery space.
We’ve spent years fostering relationships with multiple organizations and facilities, and have an expansive collection of knowledge to help you find the facility that’s perfect for you.
Make the confidential call and let us provide options for the top United HealthCare drug and alcohol rehabs across California now!
Eric R. hails from Maine and does extensive work in the field of behavioral health as both a professional writer and passionate advocate for those suffering. From his own personal encounters with mental illness, he speaks to those seeking healthy relief from depression and anxiety and embraces wellness both personally and professionally. After losing friends and family to the darkness of suicide, Eric aims to educate and inform about the nature of treatment and render it accessible for all those seeking a way out of darkness and despair.