Addiction Treatment Centers In Oregon
Twelve percent of adults in Oregon suffer from some form of substance abuse. This is huge in comparison to the national average of about eight percent. Although you may not expect this from Oregon, it holds some of the highest substance abuse rates in the country. This is a cause for concern, as the rate of prescription medication abuse rises.
The number of treatment centers is also rising in Oregon. This is because, in 2010, 46,629 people went into treatment for drug and alcohol abuse. With prescription painkillers and heroin being the largest threats in the state, treatment centers amped up their programs and are providing incredible facilities. At Find Addiction Rehabs, we can help connect with you the leading Oregon drug rehab and alcohol rehab centers.
Addiction Treatment in Oregon
Whether you live in Oregon or are considering traveling for rehab, it is a wonderful place to attend treatment. With wonderful weather most of the year, along with a variety of programs to choose from, Oregon is a great option.
If you are local to Oregon, you might consider staying local if you have children. Otherwise, traveling for inpatient programs is not as expensive as you might think.
Choosing Alcohol or Drug Rehab in Oregon
Choosing a treatment program in Oregon can be difficult, but there are a few specific needs you should have met.
- Treatment should be easily accessible: This means you should not need to wait a long time to get into a program. Time is of the essence with drug and alcohol treatment. Private treatment should be able to ensure a more prompt entry to the program.
- Care should be personalized: No addiction is the same, meaning there should never be a one-size-fits-all approach to recovery. You deserve your own individualized and tailored treatment program that fits your situation.
- Medical treatment should always be provided: Whether you need medical care for your ongoing disorder or an individual case, it should be readily available.
- Treatment should be based on research: All treatment must be evidence-based. Although alternative treatments can be used to complement care, the basis of treatment should always be a medical detox or comprehensive therapy.
- Social support should be provided: You should never be cut off from family and friends. Although you should not be allowed to participate in activities that may trigger you, treatment should involve peer support in group therapy and support group meetings. You should also be provided an aftercare plan that includes opportunities to build and strengthen your support network.
- Treatment should be ongoing: The duration of your treatment is critical to its success. You should participate in therapy for at least 90 days to ensure the best chances at sustained recovery. Despite this, some programs start at 28 days for those who are not dealing with as severe a disorder.
Inpatient Drug and Alcohol Rehab
There are various forms of inpatient addiction treatment, but typically it is characterized by an intense level of treatment for moderate to severe disorders. During inpatient treatment, you will live at the facility, and learn the knowledge and skills you need to find lasting freedom from your addiction.
When it comes to inpatient treatment, you will be able to choose from various options including:
- Gender-specific programming
- Group therapy
- Individual therapy
- Educational presentations
- Medical care
- Integrated mental health services for co-occurring disorders
- Special-focus groups
- Twelve Step Facilitation therapy
- Wellness and recreational activities
- Spiritual care services
- Animal-assisted programming
Outpatient programs are different from inpatient in that you will live at home while attending the program. Typically this will involve at least 10 to 12 hours per week of treatment. Although this program is effective, it is best for those with mild to moderate use disorders. There is also a more intense version, known as intensive outpatient programs, or IOPs.
Intensive Outpatient Programs
The care received during an intensive outpatient program is different in every facility. Despite this, overall it will typically consist of 12-16 hours of group and individual therapy each week. Most often you will also participate in a 12-step program.
These sessions will take place in a therapeutic facility, which means you will need to live near the facility. If you live in a remote location, then you may be more interested in inpatient programs, or you will have to spend time in a hotel during your treatment. Living near the facility is usually your best option in terms of budget.
You should expect to visit the treatment program up to four times per week and involve yourself in the following therapies:
- Group therapy
- Individualized therapy
- Additional therapies such as art, music, or equine
- Support groups
Find The Perfect Drug Rehab in Oregon For You
If you are searching for a program to help with your addiction to drugs or alcohol, let us help you. At Finding Addiction Rehabs we know how tough it can be to find an Oregon drug rehab program that works for you. This is why you need to find a treatment provider to work with your addiction. Contact us today to learn more.