With the onslaught of the opioid epidemic and the overdose death toll continuing to soar, seeking treatment now is more important than ever. Thankfully, the medical field has come a long way over the last several decades, and addicts and alcoholics now have the unique privilege of having a whole world of substance abuse treatment options at their fingertips including PHPor partial hospitalization programs.
For many, partial hospitalization programs are one of the most important steps towards joining the community and becoming a functioning member of society.
24 Hour Substance Abuse Hotline – Get Help Now
What is PHP?
A partial hospitalization program is a short-term clinical treatment program that combines features of both inpatient and outpatient drug treatment. It is actually a step between these two phases of treatment, which helps smooth the transitional process.
With a PHP, clients can experience the structure and intensive therapy that is found during inpatient and residential treatment but can choose to live at home and resume their normal daily activities.
This type of treatment program greatly benefits those who still require intensive therapy from qualified and experienced treatment staff, but who have started to regain stability from their using and no longer warrant an extended stay in an inpatient treatment facility. For others, it is sometimes common that external situations that such as children or work require them to be out of inpatient living.
What To Expect from PHP or Partial Hospitalization Program
Many might assume that by moving on from the inpatient stage, they will lose access to the beneficial therapy standards they are used to. However, this is not the case, at HRC, partial hospitalization programs can still expect:
- Individual and group skills-building sessions
- Individual and group psychoeducation
- Addiction education
- Relapse prevention sessions
- Private and group family therapy
- Support and treatment for dual diagnosis
The emphasis on continuing the intensive treatment plan for all PHP individuals is crucial for those who are truly looking to put an end to their destructive behavior patterns and substance abuse. This can sometimes take a few months.
However, there is also great value in the individual finding and feeling confidence, stability, accountability, and value in themselves. PHP programs encourage this growth through these evidence-based psychotherapy and counseling modalities.
Why is PHP So Important?
One of the major setbacks for many newly recovering addicts and alcoholics is the anxiety and stress that comes after graduation from inpatient therapy back into the real world. However, HRC strives to create confidence and balance during this stage, by encouraging clients to partake in the partial hospitalization program.
It is well known that the post-acute withdrawal process from drugs and alcohol can last anywhere from 3 to 18 months after last use. This time can be filled with emotional turmoil, mood swings, fits of depression and anxiety, and many people often make rash decisions in finances or relationships during this time.
Partial hospitalization programs allow the individual to not only get back into physical health but also take their time getting back into a healthy mental state as well. Many inpatient programs last around 30-60 days, but for clients who have trauma or serious emotional blockages, this often isn’t long enough to be able to get really down to the root causes of WHY they use.
The extended period of partial hospitalization program allows this intensive therapy and self-analyzation to proceed, without hindering the individuals outside life for an extremely long period of time.
What About the Holistic Treatment Options?
Just because an individual is no longer living in this inpatient treatment facility, does not mean that they do not have access to all of the holistic treatment options that they came to enjoy during their stay.
HRC continues to offer their partial hospitalization program clients full access to:
- Guided meditation
- Well-being sessions
- Chiropractic Care
- Massage Therapy
- Relapse Prevention Education
- Nutritional Education
The point of partial hospitalization programs is not to just kick out addicts after their 30-day inpatient cycle, but to help them find a balance between their own betterment and their outside lives.
Finding the benefit and joy of these holistic options can often become alternatives to ending the destructive behavior patterns of the past. For example, acupuncture, yoga, and chiropractic medicine are amazing, natural options for those who experience chronic pain. When an individual learns that they can turn to these holistic options in the future, rather than to drugs or alcohol, they will be benefited bodily, mentally, and spiritually.
What Sets FAR apart?
Each patient that comes through FindAddictionRehabs.com works one on one with an experienced and professional addiction counselor to devise the best treatment plan for that individual. This treatment plan doesn’t stop once the patient leaves inpatient treatment.
For partial hospitalization patients, FAR strives to provide continuing intensive therapy to promote the best possible chances for a long and healthy recovery. These continuing programs are:
- Individual and Group Therapy: including psychotherapy, cognitive behavioral therapy, interpersonal therapy, and psychodynamic therapy. Didactic and Dialectical behavioral therapy has also proven to be very effective when dealing with addiction.
- Dual Diagnosis Treatment: the treatment of mental illness that occurs simultaneously with addiction.
- This is extremely common as addiction and mental disorders can equally cause each other. For example, several years of using sedatives can cause extreme depression, whereas long-term use of stimulants can cause anxiety.
- Treating dual diagnosis disorders can often be much more extensive, as both disorders can be very deeply rooted, and can require more extensive therapeutic treatment.
- Relapse Prevention: Through the use of a didactic group therapy style, patients can learn tools and coping skills that will help get them through emotional upsets, trauma, and common triggers of a sober life.
- 12 step programs are often encouraged as well, that provide an individual with a sense of community, a program of action for their sobriety, and a group of like-minded people who wish to stay sober.
- The process of relapse is 100% preventable, as long as the warning signs are detected. This makes relapse prevention groups during partial hospitalization programs essential for maintaining a long-term sobriety.
There are a lot of different treatment options out there to choose from. Why not choose a PHP that has an emphasis on long-term sobriety, whole mind and body health, and smooth transitional living for you or your loved one?
24 Hour Addiction Treatment Hotline – Get Help Now
Freedom From Addiction
If you or a loved one is suffering from alcoholism or addiction, understand that you are not alone in your struggles! If you are ready to change your life and finally be free of your addiction, then FindAddictionRehabs.com can help. We can give you the jump start you need in order to experience the recovery you have always wanted. Our holistic programs are unique in that they don’t just treat the addiction, but rather they treat the whole person, so if you are interested in finding out more information, please do not hesitate to give us a call today at 1-877-959-7271.