Find Rehabs that Accept Assurant Health Insurance
As the issue of drug and alcohol abuse continues to spread throughout the US, the need for addiction treatment services continues to grow with this. Fortunately, Assurant can help provide health insurance coverage to offset the costs of rehab and mental health treatment.
Keep reading to find out more about what Assurant drug rehab coverage is and how you can minimize your out-of-pocket expenses for treatment by finding Assurant rehabs now!
What is Assurant Health Insurance?
One of the first things to understand about Assurant is that it is not a typical insurance provider. Rather, it is an investment company that helps protect its clients’ purchases and assets.
With this focus, Assurant insurance coverage can be used to help cover some of the costs of addiction treatment programs and preventive care services.
Knowing the exact benefits and level of coverage you may be able to receive through your Assurant plan is important when finding treatment options to help you overcome your alcohol or drug abuse.
Understanding Assurant Health Insurance Coverage for Drug Rehab
If you plan on using Assurant insurance to help cover the costs of rehab, it is important that you are honest about this when applying for coverage through this company. This is because Assurant has several declinable conditions for its policies, including alcohol and drug addiction.
This means that lying on your application, and then putting in a claim for coverage towards your rehab services can result in Assurant denying these requests.
Assurant Health can offer preventive care, as well as provide coverage for a large variety of in-network healthcare providers and rehab-specific services that focus on addiction recovery.
Under the Affordable Care Act, all insurance providers are required to offer some level of coverage for those struggling with addiction or mental illness. However, the specific coverage you will be able to receive may vary based on your specific provider and policy.
Furthermore, your out-of-pocket expenses will also vary based on your state of residence, where you are receiving treatment, whether your rehab center is in or out-of-network with your Assurant health plan, the type of rehab program attended, and how long you will be receiving treatment for.
Insurance for Inpatient Addiction Treatment vs Outpatient
The type of rehabilitation center you are receiving treatment through will play a large part in how much you will need to pay for rehab. Typically, your insurance plan should provide some level of coverage for many different types of drug and alcohol addiction treatment programs.
However, you may spend more when recovering through an inpatient program than you would through an outpatient program. The same will apply to medical detox programs, as these specific services received will be more intensive than outpatient rehab.
Depending on your insurance plan level, it may be less expensive to seek treatment through outpatient providers. This will also be a better option if you have a less severe addiction, or do not have a co-occurring mental health disorder that can make the recovery process more difficult.
How Long Will Assurant Cover Rehab For?
If you are planning on seeking long-term treatment, it is important to make sure that your network plan will cover your stay in rehab. While some Assurant policies will cover residential and luxury rehab, you will be responsible for paying a deductible.
How much this will cost you will depend on how long you are staying in treatment, as well as any additional costs that come from your facility, such as those that come with additional amenities offered by your treatment provider.
Assurant insurance also requires its clients to have a coinsurance policy. This will require you to pay half of the total cost of treatment once the deductible has been paid.
However, Assurant does not have a set limit for how long you are able to receive treatment for, and values its client’s privacy and discretion when helping them get the treatment they need.
Frequently Asked Questions About Assurant Drug Rehab:
Why Should I Go to Rehab?
There are several benefits to seeking out professional addiction treatment services. These can be your best bet at overcoming your habits of substance abuse and re-establishing an independent sober lifestyle in a safe and supportive way.
Any type of behavioral health treatment can help equip you with necessary tools and skills to help ease your recovery process, including:
- Trigger-recognition skills and coping mechanisms to help manage substance cravings and tempting situations, which can prevent relapse.
- Healthier, substance-free coping mechanisms and stress management techniques that can make your day-to-day life more productive and easier to manage.
- Healthy routines and activities/hobbies that can help reduce boredom and ease difficult thoughts and feelings that may otherwise encourage drug or alcohol abuse.
- Effective communication skills, which can allow for the building of new, stable relationships and repair those that have been affected by your substance abuse.
- Provide access to mental health treatment and therapy services, which can address the underlying causes of addiction and prevent these issues in the future.
How Can I Pay for Rehab Without Insurance?
As discussed, insurance can be a great tool for minimizing the costs of treatment. However, Assurant health insurance coverage does come with its limits, and may not be able to offer full coverage or allow you to seek out the exact type of treatment you would prefer.
There are also many people who may not be able to afford insurance. Fortunately, there are alternative methods of covering the costs of rehab, including:
- Making periodic payments, such as setting up a payment plan, which will usually be calculated based on your specific financial capabilities and circumstances.
- Discount options and scholarships which may be offered through your rehab center or the state you are receiving treatment in.
- Taking out bank loans or medical credit lines.
- Receiving donations through community outreach programs and charity services.
Verify Your Assurant Health Insurance Coverage Today!
If you or a loved one is struggling with addiction and are looking for rehab programs that can help you overcome these habits, help is available. At Find Addiction rehabs, we are dedicated to helping people like you find addiction treatment services that are right for them.
Our hotline is available 24/7 to help verify your insurance, answer your recovery questions, and find you affordable treatment options nationwide that are capable of addressing all of your personal care needs.
Call now, and we will help you take the first step on your path to recovery, and become a happier, healthier, sober you, today!
* Disclaimer: Find Addiction Rehabs is not affiliated with or endorsed by Assurant Insurance. Details about Assurant’s coverage are intended for informational purposes only. The specific details of your Assurant plan may vary and the specific treatment services you require may or may not be covered. Please call our representatives today for more definitive details on your plan and options.
Nicole R. is an experienced and accomplished writer with special interests in the fields of Anthropology, English, and behavioral health, and has written countless articles for newspaper publications, institutional research journals, and Find Addiction Rehabs.
Her alma matter is Florida Atlantic University in Boca Raton. Nicole hopes to spread awareness of and combat the stigmatization surrounding addiction and substance abuse treatment through her writing and work in the field.