Whoever said staying sober was easy had never dealt with an alcohol addiction. There have been testimonials from people who have quit drinking alcohol cold turkey, so-to-speak. But, for the average person, staying sober can be quite a challenge. In this post, we’re going to share eight effective ways to help you stay sober.
Here are 8 Ways of Staying Sober:
1. Be productive. Start a new hobby or revisit an old one.
2. Be an encouragement. Encourage others who are going through drug addiction or alcohol addiction. For example, you can volunteer your time to speak to students or adults at a local school.
24 Hour Addiction Rehab Hotline – Get Help Now
3. Start journaling your thoughts and your daily experiences. Whether you have a positive or a negative thought, just right it down.
4. When a problem arises, think of positive solutions to your problem. Only choose solutions that will reap positive results. Consider talking with someone who has overcome your particular problem.
5. Avoid negativity. In other words, avoid negative influences – whether it’s family or friends. It’s understandable that sometimes avoiding negative people is difficult to do. You can help combat against negativity by surrounding yourself with positive people.
6. Don’t keep problems bottled up – talk to someone. Consider reaching out to a support group. If there aren’t any alcohol abuse/drug abuse support groups in your area, there are plenty of support groups available online.
7. Forgive. Did you know that unforgiveness can block your progress in life? It can even prevent a person from achieving his/her goals. Unforgiveness also can lead to bitterness, as a result, it can lead to illness. If you are unable to connect with the person(s) who have done wrong to you, you can still forgive. You can forgive by speaking the words out loud or writing it down in your journal; for example, ‘I forgive him for what he did…” or “I forgive her….” or “I forgive them.” Every time you are reminded of the negative things a person has done towards you, replace that negative thought with something positive – then say: “I forgive _____.”
8.Meditate. Meditation can help you have a peaceful mind throughout the day. Meditating is simply focusing on something positive to kill the noise of everyday life. The noise of negativity, stress, confusing, and, etc. If you don’t have time to meditate for a long time, take 5 or 10 minutes during the day or evening – there are no rules.
These are just a few ways to stay sober. How do you manage to stay sober? Please share, we want to hear.
If you or someone you know needs help with alcohol abuse FindAddictionRehabs.com is here to help. Call anytime 7 days a week 24 hours a day.
24 Hour Alcohol Addiction Hotline – Get Help Now